The Library makes its collection available to all users without regard to age, sex, national origin, physical disability or sexual orientation.
- Complete a library card application;
- Adults must present an acceptable picture ID showing current mailing address;
- Minors (0-17) need a parent's or legal guardian's signature. Parents must have a picture ID and verification of current address;
- Patrons must present a library card to check out or reserve library materials and to use public computers.
- Children under 14 may check out 5 books and one video if alone. Adults may check out a maximum of 10 fiction and nonfiction books, including no more than 5 each of the Arizona collection, Southwest collection, audiocassettes and magazines, and 3 each of videos and/or compact discs;
- Books, magazines, audiocassettes and compact discs check out for 21 days. Videos and DVDs check out for 7 days. Reference materials, current magazines, newspapers and software must be used in the library;
- There will be no circulation of library materials to patrons with an
outstanding fine of five dollars ($5.00) and/or excessive overdue materials;
- A borrower with an unpaid fine of less than five dollars ($5.00) will be given a 30-day grace period before borrowing privileges are suspended.
Fines/Overdues for Library Materials
- The fine for books, audiocassettes and magazines is ten cents ($0.10) per day late;
- The fine for videos is one dollar ($1.00) per day late;
- The maximum fine for each overdue item is five dollars ($5.00);
- For library materials lost or damaged beyond repair, the patron will be charged the full price of the item, plus a processing fee of $3.50;
- The fee for library card replacement is one dollar ($1.00).
Renewing Library Materials
- Library materials can be renewed in person or by phone;
- Items may be renewed as necessary if there are no outstanding requests on the item;
- Interlibrary loan materials are renewed at the discretion of the lending library.
Reserve/Hold Library Materials
- Patrons may reserve library materials in person or by phone with their card number;
- Patrons will be notified by phone or postcard when the material is available for pick-up;
- Patrons may reserve a computer in person or by phone.
Returning Library Material
- Materials may be returned to the library by bringing them to the circulation desk during library hours;
- Materials may be returned to the library book drop on F Avenue anytime.